School Excursions to the Snow and Beyond!
The Southern Cross Motor Inn and Tourist Park has been hosting school excursions for over 20 years. For the best value school snow excursion or Canberra region school excursion, look no further than the Southern Cross Motor Inn.
We are ideally situated in Berridale, which is in the heart of the Snowy Mountain region. Only 90 minutes from Canberra and 60 minutes form Perisher and Thredbo snowfields, we are a great solution for those who are finding it increasingly difficult to find suitable accommodation for your school excursion in Canberra. Why not take a couple of minutes to look around our facilities and services we offer here on our website.
We organise it all for you
We will book all of the school excursion components for you - we are not a travel agent so we offer this service free of charge
- Coach Travel
- All en route activities
- Other accommodation
- All entry fees will be paid by us on your behalf
- We provide you with one invoice covering all components of the school excursion
We know the importance of safe, reliable transport for your school excursion and draw from a number of highly reputable coach companies to ensure you have a safe and cost effective trip.
All coaches are 5 star with seat belts and DVD/Video players are installed on all coaches, and range from 24 to 64 seats, with wheel chair access coaches available, so that we can choose the most cost effective sized coach for your excursion. The drivers are all experienced in school excursions and provide a friendly helpful service.
Alternatively if you have a Coach company your prefer to use, we would be more than happy to work with them and assist with itinerary if required.
- Safe and Secure School Excursion Venue, in a small country town, tucked away from bars and nightlife.
- 1km from the centre of Berridale.
- Three types of accommodation available
- Plenty of space
- Everything you need is on-site including restaurant, ski hire, snow accessories shop and rooms for night-time activities.
- Our rooms are exceptionally clean and tidy.
- Multi Share Rooms sleeping from 4 to 8 students per room.
- Teachers are provided with twin rooms (single rooms available at additional cost).
- Each room has a tv/dvd player, heating and ensuite bathroom
- Our Restaurant provides a variety of delicious hearty three course dinners to keep everyone nourished for a big day on the snow.
- Our breakfasts consist of a variety of cereals, toast and spreads, eggs, bacon or sausages, hash browns, spaghetti or baked beans, tea/coffee, water and juice.
- We can also organise packed lunches to take with you in the morning, or a hot lunch on the snowfields.
- Our Restaurant is able to cater for guests that may have a range of dietary requirements including vegetarians, coeliac/gluten free, dairy intolerance and cultural/religious dietary requirements.
- If a member of your group is celebrating a birthday, make sure you let us know so that we can organise a celebratory cake.
Night Time Activities
We understand how tiring supervising a school excursion can be and we try to give the staff a break at night by organising a range of activities for the students. We can organise and run these all for you - or you can, with our assistance. Free endless coffees, hot chocoolates and milos are available for all teachers!!!
- Karaoke - We have a great computer based karaoke system which all our schools enjoy. We constantly update the song list to ensure we have all the new cool songs - as well as all the old favourites.
- Disco - Our lounge area also converts to a disco - complete with disco lighting and mirror ball. We have a huge range of songs to give the students a bopping good time.
- Movie Night - We have two large screen projectors in our lounge and restaurant. Your students can watch the movie of their choice from over 100 titles.
- Trivia Night - We will happily run a trivia night for you. We have trivia on general knowledge, kids stuff, Canberra venues, sport and music. We use our audio/visual equipment and our big screen for great impact. If you have your own trivia questions you are free to run it for yourself.
- Slide Show - If your staff or students have taken digital pictures or videos, in just a couple of minutes we can produce a professional slide show for you and show it on one of our two big screens. This is a great way to re-live the highlights of your trip and a great way to end your visit with us. Request a song and we will use this as a soundtrack for you!
- Chill Out Night - After a hectic day you may wish to let the students have a quiet night. Catch up on emails with our free wifi or choose from our DVD collection to watch in their rooms free of charge.
Ski or Snow Play Excursions
We offer great packages for ski excursions. Everything you need for a fantastic ski trip is all here at the Southern Cross Motor Inn. Our equipment is constantly updated to ensure the students have a safe and enjoyable skiing experience.
- In house ski hire using fully computerised system to ensure rapid processing.
- Full inventory of carve skis, snowboards, helmets, clothing and boots for all students and staff.
- Lift and lesson tickets delivered the night prior to skiing to allow proper attachment to clothing.
- We provide each student with a lanyard and pouch to carry their lift ticket, along with an Emergency Contact tag which will also include each students’ name, School name, teacher in charge, emergency contact number, ski/snowboard and boot number and stock colour.
- This tag is affixed to the lift ticket and makes for easy identification of equipment when unloading from the coach.
- A full range of goggles, waterproof gloves and beanies for sale at very special prices for our school groups.
- Rapid return process to ensure you can be on your way home as soon as possible.
Forms, forms and more forms
The mass of paperwork to be completed prior to an excursion is a real disincentive for the tour organiser. We try to alleviate most of this pain for you by having many of the necessary forms already completed for you.
Who visits us
We have primary and high schools, city and country from all over Australia visiting us each year. From as far north as Charleville in Queensland, Roxbury Downs in South Australia and Perth in Western Australia. For New South Wales schools, we are only a 5 hour drive from Sydney and a great alternative to accommodation in Canberra. We have many teachers who would be more than happy to provide you feedback on their experience staying at the Southern Cross Motor Inn.
And the price is right!
- We do regular surveys of motels in Canberra, Cooma and Jindabyne to ensure our packages are offering the best value for money in the region.
- No Travel Agent Commission
- Free night time activities
- Great accommodation to suit all group sizes
- Hearty, healthy appealing meals
Why not make an enquiry?
It will only take a couple of minutes of your time and we will be back to you within 24 hours with a full quotation and suggested itinerary.